Re: Does column header support multibyte character?

From: Tatsuo Ishii <t-ishii(at)sra(dot)co(dot)jp>
To: fubjj(at)flashmail(dot)com
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Does column header support multibyte character?
Date: 2000-12-15 00:59:38
Lists: pgsql-general

No. However an encoding "MULE_INTERNAL" would do almost what you want.
MULE_INTERNAL is compatible with EUC_CN and EUC_TW. So you could
create a table having EUC_CN and EUC_TW columns like this.

create table t1(euc_cn text, euc_tw text);
\encoding EUC_CN
insert into t1(euc_cn) values('text in EUC_CN');
\encoding EUC_TW
update t1 set euc_tw = 'text in EUC_CN';

Not so convenience, though.
--
Tatsuo Ishii