StarOffice 5.2 for Linux and ODBC

From: sschembri(at)softhome(dot)net
To: pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: StarOffice 5.2 for Linux and ODBC
Date: 2000-12-05 15:49:58
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

Hello,

I am running the lastest postgreSQL on an SuSE 7.0 machine. I have
installed the ODBC driver for Postgres and have succesfully logged and
worked on the database from a Win98 machine running Staroffice 5.2 and the
Postgres ODBC driver for Windows.

My problem is that when I use StarOffice for Linux I cannot get the
database to work. I have installed unixODBC and installed the postgres
driver that comes with it. I have also installed it and added it to the
system DSN, but when I try to open it using StarOffice 5.2 for LINUX on an
SuSE 7.0 machine running KDE2 I get not postgres driver in staroffice list
of ODBC Data Sources.

Can someone tell me what I'm missing.
Thanks and keep up the good work

Shaun