Time penalty on VIEWS on VIEWS

From: hubert depesz lubaczewski <depesz(at)depesz(dot)pl>
To: pgSQL <pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Time penalty on VIEWS on VIEWS
Date: 2000-11-05 11:50:03
Lists: pgsql-sql

Hi,

My situation: VIEW A is grouping information from 2 tables (B,C). I have to
make another VIEW with additional WHERE statement compared in VIEW A. I can
make this as a VIEW groupping tables B and C, or makeing VIEW of VIEW A.
I know that second sollution is more flexible but there should be some kind of
time penalty. I'm wondering how much it is.

regards,

depesz

--
hubert depesz lubaczewski
najwspanialszą rzeczą jaką dało nam nowoczesne społeczeństwo,