Help! Storing trees in Postgres

From: "Sergei O (dot) Naumov" <naumov(at)r-style(dot)donpac(dot)ru>
To: pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Help! Storing trees in Postgres
Date: 2000-11-01 14:02:12
Lists: pgsql-sql

Hi!
I just subscribed myself to this list and sent a message but I am not sure
that
it reached the list. So, I am asking one more time. :-)

Is there any way to implement a query in Postgres that would be in some way
analogues to Oracle's START WITH/CONNECT BY structure?

I'd very much appreciate any suggestions.

Thanks in advance,
Sergei