OID and joins

From: DaVinci <bombadil(at)wanadoo(dot)es>
To: Lista PostgreSql <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: OID and joins
Date: 2000-10-18 13:33:05
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi all.

Can I use OIDs for joins between tables without losing functionality?

The problems I am afraid of are:

- pg_dump/psql: Can I recover OIDs from security copies?.
- Indexes: joins between tables linked with OIDs use indexes from
OIDs?, should I have to make that indexes or they are automatic?.
- Any other limitation I don't achieve to view?.

Thanks for your ideas.

David