Re: Still crashing with latest 7.0.2 (Re: (forw) more crashes)

From: Alfred Perlstein <bright(at)wintelcom(dot)net>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Still crashing with latest 7.0.2 (Re: (forw) more crashes)
Date: 2000-10-08 18:02:40
Lists: pgsql-hackers

* Alfred Perlstein <bright(at)wintelcom(dot)net> [001008 03:52] wrote:

> Unfortunatly I'm still getting crashes, this one looks like it's
> during a vacuum, previously I got a crash while doing an UPDATE, but
> in exactly the same spot, it took quite a bit longer to provoke this
> time:

I should have also said that since this is pretty reproducable I'd
be happy to run with patches for stronger assertion checks so
that perhaps backends would check to see if they might be writing
out these incorrect blocks.

(Tom Lane said that this looks like it's caused by previous corruption)

-Alfred