IF YOU'RE WORKING ON REPLICATION PLEASE CONTACT ME

From: Erich <hh(at)cyberpass(dot)net>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: IF YOU'RE WORKING ON REPLICATION PLEASE CONTACT ME
Date: 2000-09-29 19:13:56
Lists: pgsql-hackers

I have a very serious need for replication for my Postgres
application. Rather than deciding to spend $40k on a commercial DBMS
with replication (minimum cost) I decided I would invest my money in
hiring a contractor to add support for the feature I need into
Postgres. The patch that gets written will be released under the same
license as Postgres, so hopefully it will be added to a future
distribution.

Anyway, I know that I'm not the first to want replication in Postgres,
and I imagine someone else has probably done some work on it, or is
currently working on it. If that's you, please contact me, because
it's possible that we can avoid some duplication (replication?) of
effort. Also, I want to make sure that this work is done in a way
which would allow it to be integrated into a future release if at all
possible.

Thanks,

This message was my two cents worth. Please deposit two cents into my
e-gold account by following this link:
http://rootworks.com/twocentsworth.cgi?102861
275A B627 1826 D627 ED35 B8DF 7DDE 4428 0F5C 4454