Increased BLKSZ, but now pgsql seg-faults?

From: oberpwd(at)anubis(dot)network(dot)com (Wade D(dot) Oberpriller)
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org (general-help postgresql)
Subject: Increased BLKSZ, but now pgsql seg-faults?
Date: 2000-09-27 18:07:26
Lists: pgsql-general

Hello,

I've increased the BLKSZ to 32K to support large tuples and then I did a full
re-compile (gmake clean, configure, gmake all, gmake install) and the database
accepts my large tuples. But now when I come in through psql, I get a
segmentation fault inside of psql when I try to display the table with the large
tuples (i.e. \d largetable).

I know psql is for a user-interface to the database, and my application won't be
needing this in the end, but it would be nice to use psql for debugging and
development. Is there a way to increase the buffer sizes (I'm assuming that is
what is causing the problem). Here is the output when it seq-faults:

Segmentation Fault (core dumped)
pq_recvbuf: unexpected EOF on client connection

Wade Oberpriller