type OIDs

From: Michael Meskes <meskes(at)postgresql(dot)org>
To: PostgreSQL Hacker <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: type OIDs
Date: 2000-09-15 19:57:20
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Can I safely assume that the OID of the standard data types remain the same
for future releases? And of course that they are the same for every
installation?

I've been send a patch to speed up ecpg significantly by not looking up
datatypes everytime. As it is written right now it works by har coding some
types. I wonder if this will create problems.

Michael
--
Michael Meskes
Michael(at)Fam-Meskes(dot)De