backup/restore

From: Lindell Alderman <lindell(at)axispt(dot)com>
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: backup/restore
Date: 2000-09-08 23:13:20
Lists: pgsql-admin

I am trying to backup and restore a database, but when run the following:

dropdb test
createdb test

I find that the newly created database "test" is not empty but still has
all of the old relations and tables in it. How do I destroy a database
so that it is truly gone!?!?!? I need a totally clean databaes to restore
my data into.

-L