Re: MS Access out-performs PostgreSQL 7?

From: Ragnar Kjørstad <postgres(at)ragnark(dot)vestdata(dot)no>
To: Joseph Sircy <webmaster(at)dnhawaii(dot)com>
Cc: "Gavin M(dot) Roy" <gmr(at)readysetnet(dot)com>, The Hermit Hacker <scrappy(at)hub(dot)org>, pgsql list <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: MS Access out-performs PostgreSQL 7?
Date: 2000-07-20 20:22:02
Lists: pgsql-admin

On Tue, Jul 18, 2000 at 09:52:54AM -1000, Joseph Sircy wrote:
> Maybe I need to try a different ODBC driver, or if anyone knows of a better
> way to connect in asp scripts to psql, please let me know.

I know you said you needed to use MS-IIS, but do you also need to use
asp?

php has a feature called persistent database connections - it basicly
keeps the databaseconnections open all the time, and don't have to
reopen it for every webpage. It can improve performance a lot if you
have a lot of pages doing just a little bit of SQL.

(and you can run php under MS-IIS - there is even a tool to convert asp
to php).

--
Ragnar Kjorstad