ODBC Connection Interface

From: "Justin Jaynes" <justinjaynes(at)hotmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: ODBC Connection Interface
Date: 2000-07-17 17:54:50
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

Hello,

I am trying to connect to a remote PostgreSQL server using Microsoft FoxPro
so I can move the database. I have set up the new database on the remote
machine, and started the postmaster as a service on powerup. I have added
the line:

host all 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 trust

in my pg_hba.conf file under /usr/pgdata directory where I set my databases
up.

Now I go onto the windows machine and in ODBC manager I set up the
connection with the username and password of a linux account.

I go into foxpro and try to set up a new connection using that ODBC source
and choose "Verify Connection." The server is reached, but returns the
error:

No pg_hba.conf entry for host [my ip for dialup on the windows machine],
user [username], database [database name]

Do you know why this happens, and how to fix it?