Re: [HACKERS] Re: Revised Copyright: is this more palatable??

From: JanWieck(at)t-online(dot)de (Jan Wieck)
To: PostgreSQL HACKERS <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>, PostgreSQL GENERAL <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] Re: Revised Copyright: is this more palatable??
Date: 2000-07-05 09:10:27
Lists: pgsql-general pgsql-hackers

Philip Warner wrote:

> Am I correct in saying that you agree that the GPL is where we should be,
> but you want people to go there of their own free will?

Right. Someone who doesn't want to make his code "FREE" in
the entire meaning of this word but want to make it open for
any non-commercial use should choose it. IMHO the GPL
includes "this is the one and only truth and must propagate
up into everything started on something that once went under
this license". Who am I to restrict my code in that way? Can
I see the future?

Jan

# Let's break this rule - forgive me. #