Transactionless ODBC

From: Alex Stewart <astewart(at)freedomintelligence(dot)com>
To: pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Transactionless ODBC
Date: 2000-06-05 18:44:46
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

Hello,

Is there a way to execute a SQL query without using a transaction under
ODBC? I'm trying to create a user and I get the following output:

OpenLink ODBC Demonstration program
This program shows an interactive SQL processor

Enter ODBC connect string (? shows list): DSN=Testing

SQL>create user roger
Error creating the table;
ERROR: CREATE USER: may not be called in a transaction block, SQLSTATE=S0001
ERROR: CREATE USER: may not be called in a transaction block, SQLSTATE=S1000

My ~/.odbc.ini is:

[ODBC Data Sources]
Testing = Debugging Database

[Testing]
Driver = /usr/local/lib/libpsqlodbc.so
Debug = 1
CommLog = 1
ReadOnly = 0
Servername = localhost
Username = freedom
Password = "joint"
Port = 5432
Database = testcdbc

[ODBC]
InstallDir = /var/lib/pgsql

Problem code seems to be in interfaces/odbc/statement.c:748. There's an
if statement that I think I want to be false, but I don't know how.

I don't want to have to call an shell script to create my users, but that
seems like the way to go, now.

Alex Stewart