Re: What distribution?

From: Stephane Bortzmeyer <bortzmeyer(at)pasteur(dot)fr>
To: "planx plnetx" <planetx2100(at)hotmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)Postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: What distribution?
Date: 2000-05-26 06:52:40
Lists: pgsql-general

On Thursday 25 May 2000, at 18 h 56, the keyboard of "planx plnetx"
<planetx2100(at)hotmail(dot)com> wrote:

> Help me I don't wanna run the debian whith his diabolique
> dselect & apt-get!!!!

I run PostgreSQL on Debian without problems, it's much simpler than on Tru64, it works fine and I seize the opportunity to congratulate the Debian maintainer of the package, Oliver Elphick, which does a lot of work to hide PostgreSQL's annoyances (such as upgrades from one version to another).

PS: I don't use dselect.