Re: plperl extensions

From: "Oliver Elphick" <olly(at)lfix(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: ldm(at)apartia(dot)com
Cc: pgsql-general <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: plperl extensions
Date: 2000-05-24 09:32:31
Lists: pgsql-general

Louis-David Mitterrand wrote:
>How mature is the plperl language for writing functions and triggers?
>
>Is it fast? (ie: does the interpreter pre-compiles functions and
>persists?)
>
>I couldn't find any plperl package in the PG-7.0beta5 (the latest)
>debian packages, should I roll my own PG to get it?

I can't work out what its status is. In the source it appears to be
disabled on the grounds that the core group can't get it to work. It will
compile, but I couldn't get it to meet Debian standards. This Perl stuff
is so heavily encapsulated that I can't find out where to change things.

--
Oliver Elphick Oliver(dot)Elphick(at)lfix(dot)co(dot)uk
Isle of Wight http://www.lfix.co.uk/oliver