Re: Columns in pg_shadow?

From: Giles Lean <giles-pgsql(at)nemeton(dot)com(dot)au>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Columns in pg_shadow?
Date: 2000-05-20 09:31:03
Lists: pgsql-general

[ The spam filter's biting me. If I've managed to send duplicates of
this message I appologise and ask that someone let me know please! ]

On Sat, 20 May 2000 02:01:22 -0400 Tom Lane wrote:

> BTW, the easiest way to learn about this sort of stuff is to scan the
> source code --- and if you don't have a handy tool for that, allow me
> to recommend "glimpse", http://glimpse.cs.arizona.edu/.

For alternatives that understand source code as code, I recommend
global or cscope:

http://www.tamacom.com/global/
http://cscope.sourceforge.net

FreeBSD users will find global has been integrated into the base
system; NetBSD users can add it from the packages collection and I'm
fairly sure there are Linux versions around too.

Regards,

Giles