automatic crash recovery

From: Alfred Perlstein <bright(at)wintelcom(dot)net>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: automatic crash recovery
Date: 2000-04-20 16:26:15
Lists: pgsql-general

Generally after a crash most of the database indices need to
be rebuilt, has anyone put together a script to bring up the
database in 'single user mode' where network connections are
refused, then drop and recreate all indices and vacuum?

This sort of functionality would be very helpful in assisting
automatic-restart, sort of like fsck after crash and restart.

Any pointers?

thanks,
--
-Alfred Perlstein - [bright(at)wintelcom(dot)net|alfred(at)freebsd(dot)org]