Re: Connecting website with SQL-database.....

From: Titus Brown <titus(at)caltech(dot)edu>
To: Manuel Lemos <mlemos(at)acm(dot)org>
Cc: J(dot)Post(at)dtx(dot)nl, pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org, pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org, pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org, pgsql-questions(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Connecting website with SQL-database.....
Date: 2000-04-18 00:17:48
Lists: pgsql-general pgsql-interfaces pgsql-sql

-> On 17-Apr-00 12:26:41, you wrote:
->
-> >I've been looking on the internet for 2 hours for information how to connect
-> >my SQL database to my website. I didn't find what I was looking for, this is
-> >my problem............
-> >I have got a form on my site, that can be filled in by visitors. I want the
-> >results automatically being written in my sql database, does anybody know
-> >how to do this???
->
-> Whatever platform you use, PHP is the solution for your problem. It is one
-> of the most powerful Web programming languages that is able to interface
-> natively with dozens of types databases including PostgreSQL. The good part
-> is that it is not tied to any Web server and it is Open Source.
->
-> http://www.php.net/

[ munch ]

For a good discussion of some of the alternatives (centered around but
not limited to AOLserver) you can visit photo.net/wtr/, the Web/db
bulletin board.

Not that I recommend anything in particular for your specific situation,
but it's always a good idea to get an idea of what's out there.

cheers,
--titus