Re: [INTERFACES] Bug in parser?

From: "Ross J(dot) Reedstrom" <reedstrm(at)wallace(dot)ece(dot)rice(dot)edu>
To: Richard <blackw(at)sfu(dot)ca>
Cc: pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: [INTERFACES] Bug in parser?
Date: 2000-02-07 17:17:59
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

Richard -
I recently tripped over some whitespace sensitivity (that shouldn't be
there!) involving line-endings in queries. Could you try your UPDATE all
on one line, and see if that solves it? I haven't been able to replicate
my problem with my current set up (in order to file a bug report). It
originally happened with a demo system we had set up at a meeting. Once
we got back to the office, everything worked fine, of course!

We got the same sort of 'paser error at or near ""' line in the log,
but when I looked with the right editor, I say that there was a control
character (either ^M or ^R, can't remember which) between the quotes.

Ross
--

Ross J. Reedstrom, Ph.D., <reedstrm(at)rice(dot)edu>
NSBRI Research Scientist/Programmer