Can postgresql store its data on raw device now?

From: Lizzy M <lizzymy(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Can postgresql store its data on raw device now?
Date: 2009-06-09 07:36:24
Lists: pgsql-general

Hello,

I have an problem: can postgresql store its data on the raw disks now?

I have checked the mail list and manual, but haven’t found the
answer. In some early mails, they mentioned pg didn’t support this
character. But how about now? Raw disk may reduce the risks brought by
file system, so I want to use it to store my data.

Thanks a lot.

Yours Sincerely,
Liz