How to turn flat file to SQL

From: dj00302003(at)yahoo(dot)com (Jay Davis)
To: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: How to turn flat file to SQL
Date: 2004-01-12 00:44:01
Lists: pgsql-novice

Hi,

I'm new to SQL but we want to turn some of our flat files into
SQL databases. The flat file is the result of a survey (think of
a test) where there are some multiple choice questions, and
a bunch of "T/F" questions. The T/F questions are just checked
boxes, which we can think of as keywords that a person chooses.

The question is, can we put this into a SQL database just as a
flat file, ie as one table, with one column per question, or should
we break it into several tables, for instance with a table of
the "keywords" (the boxes that can be checked). Is there any
problem on a typical Linux box with running PostgreSql database
with one table of 120 columns?

Thanks,

J.