PostgreSQL vs. Interbase

From: "Arnold Gamboa" <arnold(at)php4us(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: PostgreSQL vs. Interbase
Date: 2001-05-07 11:54:48
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi there.

I'm currently in serious research on what database to use for a B2B site
which is expected to hold millions of records. I have in so far considered
two open source databases - Interbase and PostgreSQL. With this in mind, I'm
sending this email to both the PostgreSQL and Interbase mailing lists and
also on PHP's. I would appreciate what ever information you can provide.
Thanks :)

My inquiry:

Please discuss as to your point of view the advantage of PostgreSQL over
Interbase and/or vise versa. I'm considering three (3) important points

1. Speed
2. Data Reliability
3. Portability

Your messages will be greatly appreciated.