pgAdmin III / Debugger does not work

From: "ulrike(dot)sauer(at)t-online(dot)de" <ulrike(dot)sauer(at)t-online(dot)de>
To: pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: pgAdmin III / Debugger does not work
Date: 2012-01-30 10:40:03
Lists: pgadmin-support

Hi,

after installing postgSQL 9.1.2 including pgAdmin III 1.14 on Windows
XP i tried to activate the debugger.

I followed the instructions

1. Edit the postgresql.conf file in the data directory and modify the
shared_preload_libraries config option to look like the following,

Windows:

shared_preload_libraries = '$libdir/plugins/plugin_debugger.dll'

2. Restart the PostgreSQL server.

3. Run <Installation directory>/share/contrib/pldbgapi.sql on Windows
in the database you wish to debug using psql or the pgAdmin query
tool.

Every Step worked and is verified, but the debugger in pgAdmin
remains disabled.

Restarting the server, it says that the plugin_debugger.dll is
loaded. The generated functions (pldbapi.sql) are displayed and
available in the database, but however pgAdmin seems not to recognize
the debugger plugin.

What can I do? I need the debugger to debug functions and for a
postgreSQL presentation that takes place at Friday.

Thanks in advance.

Best regards

Ulrike