Invalid memory alloc querying field type bytea

From: "Thompson, Shon" <Shon(dot)Thompson(at)MaineGeneral(dot)org>
To: "pgsql-bugs(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-bugs(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Invalid memory alloc querying field type bytea
Date: 2020-06-17 18:24:53
Lists: pgsql-bugs

I'm getting errors when I query a table that uses data type bytea. I can query the table if I don't include the field for data type bytea. Here are the two error messages I get. The first error is one generated from visual studio:

"ERROR: XX000: invalid memory alloc request size 1294068297"

This error is what I get when I use pgAdmin:

"ERROR: invalid memory alloc request size 1881675850
SQL state: XX000"

Please let me know if you need any additional information to determine if this is a bug. Thanks.

Shon

[MGMCEmailSig]
Shon Thompson
Senior Application Engineer
Information Technology Division
Office: 207-624-4391
Cell: 207-330-9501
Shon(dot)Thompson(at)MaineGeneral(dot)org<mailto:Shon(dot)Thompson(at)MaineGeneral(dot)org>