Degenerate Performance Problem

From: Vincent Predoehl <vpredoehl(at)phoenixwebgroup(dot)com>
To: pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Degenerate Performance Problem
Date: 2008-12-10 03:16:43
Lists: pgsql-performance

I have postgresql 8.3.5 installed on MacOS X / Darwin. I remember
setting shared memory buffer parameters and that solved the initial
performance problem, but after running several tests, the performance
goes way, way down. Restarting the server doesn't seem to help.

I'm using pqxx to access the database, if that makes any difference.

--
Vincent