disable archiving

From: Paul van den Bogaard <Paul(dot)Vandenbogaard(at)Sun(dot)COM>
To: pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: disable archiving
Date: 2007-07-23 17:24:48
Lists: pgsql-performance
the manual somewhere states "... if archiving is enabled..." To me
this implies that archiving can be disabled. However I cannot find
the parameter to use to get this result. Or should I enable archiving
and use a backup script like

#!/usr/bin/bash
exit 0

Would appreciate a hint. And yes I know I put my database in danger
etc. This is for some benchmarks where I do not want the overhead of
archiving. Jus a file system that will not fill with zillions of
these 16MB WAL files ;^)

Thanks
Paul.