multiple postgres instances from RPM install

From: "Tom Kalafut" <tommyk(at)tridsys(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: multiple postgres instances from RPM install
Date: 2006-12-19 17:40:45
Lists: pgsql-admin

I am getting ready to set up 2 postgres instances, but I'm somewhat new
to postgres. I've used RPM to list out all the files that are
installed, and I think I've isolated all the executables of which I need
to make separate copies, but I was hoping for some confirmation. I
heard the exact files that need copying are listed in a thread somewhere
in the archives, but I can't seem to find it. Could someone please
point me to it?

The motivation behind this is having 2 distinct SELinux policies for 2
separate users with their own separate databases.

Thanks,

Tom

Tom Kalafut
Interchange/CG Crew Member
Trident Systems Inc.
tommyk(at)tridsys(dot)com
(919)388-1264

The opinions expressed in this email may not necessarily reflect the
opinions of Trident Systems Inc.