Explain output

From: "Ansley, Michael" <Michael(dot)Ansley(at)intec(dot)co(dot)za>
To: "'pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org'" <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Explain output
Date: 2000-01-22 21:29:16
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi, all

Is it possible to get an explain to return a rowset? I've added a PERSIST
option, and need to return the plan id as a row (if anybody thinks there are
better ways, I'm open to ideas). elogging doesn't help, because with some
client interfaces, it's very difficult to get to an elog result. So, I
thought that return a single row, with a single column might do the trick.

Ideas...

MikeA