RE: [INTERFACES] Questions connecting to PostgreSQL.

From: "Ansley, Michael" <Michael(dot)Ansley(at)intec(dot)co(dot)za>
To: "J(dot) Carlos Muro" <SADACIA(at)santandersupernet(dot)com>
Subject: RE: [INTERFACES] Questions connecting to PostgreSQL.
Date: 1999-10-06 14:12:31
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

>> > 2.- I want to transmit data in encrypted way. Is it true that ODBC
>> > doesn't send data encryted? Is there a kwown solution for it?
>>
>> Not sure. Look at the newest online docs at www.postgresql.org in the
>> chapter on Security, which discusses ssh, or check the mailing list
>> archives.

At the moment, although ssl is being built into libpq, which would enable
it's use for libpq++, ODBC does not use the libpq source, which is a bit of
a bummer. However, I suspect that it wouldn't be too difficult to include
it. If you're capable of writing a sockets server, you shouldn't find it
too difficult ;-)

MikeA