Contributing

From: "Ansley, Michael" <Michael(dot)Ansley(at)intec(dot)co(dot)za>
To: "'pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org'" <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Contributing
Date: 1999-07-16 16:10:38
Lists: pgsql-hackers

What is the ideal setup to have when contributing to PG development? I can
always just download the latest CVS tree, and then presumably run diff when
I want to send something in.
However, my understanding is that using CVSup allows me to replicate the cvs
tree into my own repository, which I then check out/update/commit from/to.
Then, when I wish to send a patch in, I get cvs to produce a diff on the
pgsql module. And CVSup allows me to manage changes from the main PG
repository into my own repository, right?

Is this right?

MikeA