Re: loading files into tables

From: "Pau Marc Munoz Torres" <paumarc(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: "PgSQL General ML" <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: loading files into tables
Date: 2008-02-04 16:21:00
Lists: pgsql-general

Ok

I'm tryint to execute

copy local from "/path" with delimiter "\t";

and I get the following errors

ERROR: must be superuser to COPY to or from a file.

Can I do something similar to it without being superuser?

for a Tab delimiter, should i use "\t" character?

Thanks

Pau

--
Pau Marc Muñoz Torres

Laboratori de Biologia Computacional
Institut de Biotecnologia i Biomedicina Vicent
Villar
Universitat Autonoma de Barcelona
E-08193 Bellaterra (Barcelona)

telèfon: 93 5812807
Email : paumarc(dot)munoz(at)bioinf(dot)uab(dot)cat