Running a PL/pgSQL function

From: Christophe <xof(at)thebuild(dot)com>
To: PostgreSQL <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Running a PL/pgSQL function
Date: 2008-08-11 23:24:17
Lists: pgsql-general

I'm startled that I've never done this before, but... I have a PL/
pgSQL function that takes no arguments, returns VOID, and has a bunch
of side effects on the database. The correct way of invoking this
function is:

SELECT my_func();

... yes? Thanks; it seems to work fine, but using SELECT here is
causing some part of my brain to scream "counter-intuitive."