Re: [HACKERS] indexable and locale

From: Tatsuo Ishii <t-ishii(at)sra(dot)co(dot)jp>
To: Goran Thyni <goran(at)kirra(dot)net>
Cc: PostgreSQL-development <hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org>, Bruce Momjian <maillist(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] indexable and locale
Date: 1999-10-16 02:00:34
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> Hello again,
> I thought I should start making some small contibutions before 7.0.
>
> Attached is a patch to the old problem discussed feverly before 6.5.
> What is does:
> for locale-enabled servers:
> use index if last char before '%' is ascii.
> for non-locale servers:
> do not use locale if last char is non-ascii since it is wrong anyway.
>
> Comments?

I tried your patches but it seems malformed:

patch: **** unexpected end of file in patch

So this is a guess from reading them. I think your pacthes break
non-ascii multi-byte character sets data and should be surrounded by
#ifdef LOCALE rather than replacing current codes surrounded by
#ifndef LOCALE.
---
Tatsuo Ishii