Re: [GENERAL] Can you write into a view?

From: Brook Milligan <brook(at)biology(dot)nmsu(dot)edu>
To: fdojose(at)yahoo(dot)com
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: Re: [GENERAL] Can you write into a view?
Date: 1999-10-14 14:27:32
Lists: pgsql-general

Hello, I'm a new into the postgres's world, and I was
seeing the User's Guide from V.6.4 and I saw that you
can write into a View. In the new versions can you? If
not, have any body any idea of when it would be
reality?

You can do so now. Just create a ON INSERT rule for the view. You
can also create ON DELETE and ON UPDATE rules. As a result, views can
be made to respond just like tables. See Jan's excellent description
in the docs on how to use rules. I think he has all this covered,
including examples.

Cheers,
Brook