Re: [GENERAL] shutdown gracefully & single user mode?

From: "amy cheng" <amycq(at)hotmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: [GENERAL] shutdown gracefully & single user mode?
Date: 1999-09-14 11:51:25
Lists: pgsql-general

Jeff, Bryan, Teodor:

thank you all so much!!!
one related/furthur question:

>0. LOCK TABLE IN EXCLUSIVE MODE
this is what I'm concerned. Now, the "shutdown" a table gracefully
is solved. How about the whole postmaster (in some other situation),
how can I shut it down GRACEFULLY (i.e., I know that the data will
not be corrupted because of my "shutdown". Also, how do I know that there is
no user connected? BTW, It's a cgi-db).

amy