Internal limitation of the CREATE VIEW statement

From: marten(at)feki(dot)toppoint(dot)de
To: pgsql-general(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: Internal limitation of the CREATE VIEW statement
Date: 1999-09-02 00:05:17
Lists: pgsql-general

I've trouble when creating a view using the following statement:

create view VPHOBJECT as select PHID, BIRTHDAY, COMPANYID, CONTACT,
EMPLOYERID, FEMSALUTATION, HOLDINGID, INTFLGS, MASTERREFERENCEID,
SUPERCOMPANYID, TECHNICALGROUP, CREDITNR, DEBITNR, EMAIL, EMAIL2,
ENTRYSTRING, FAX, FAX2, KUNDNR, NAME, POPLOGIN, POPPASSWORD, TELEFON,
TELEFON2,TELEX, WWW, CUSTOMERNUMBER, TURNOVERTAXNUMBER, REMARK,
LOGINACCOUNT, PASSWD, SURNAME, TITLE, USERFUNCTION from TPHOBJECT

I get an error message:

ERROR: DefineQueryRewrite: rule plain string too long

Even if I do a

create view VPHOBJECT AS SELECT * FROM TPHOBJECT

I get the same error message.

All the other error I receive when creating the database can be
solved by myself - but I've no chance changing this statement.

The other errors I've received:

* errors when creating an index ('asc' and 'desc' are unknown).
* several columns have names which are predefined tokens like
when, interval and so on ...

Marten