bug report

From: Nikolay Grigoriev <shadow(at)aanet(dot)ru>
To: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: bug report
Date: 1999-08-09 20:31:23
Lists: pgsql-bugs

POSTGRESQL BUG REPORT TEMPLATE

Your name : Nikolay Grigoriev
Your email address : nick(at)aanet(dot)ru

System Configuration
---------------------
Architecture (example: Intel Pentium) : Intel Pentium

Operating System (example: Linux 2.0.26 ELF) : Linux 2.2.5 ELF

PostgreSQL version (example: PostgreSQL-6.5.1): PostgreSQL-6.5.1

Compiler used (example: gcc 2.8.0) : gcc 2.95

postmaster crashes when I'm trying to create following very simple table
in empty database :

create table users (
email varchar(40) not null,
lastname varchar(60) not null,
firstname varchar(30) not null,
middlename varchar(40),
address varchar(80) not null,
city varchar(40) not null,
region varchar(60) not null,
index char(6) not null,
phone varchar(15) not null,
sex char(1) not null,
infosrc int2,
purpose char(1) not null default 'p',
age int2,
nickname char(16) not null primary key,
password char(16) not null,
cquestion varchar(120),
right_answ varchar(60)

);

Under Postgres 6.4 it works.

Please describe a way to repeat the problem. Please try to provide a

On my system it crashes instantly when creating such (big?) table. I tried to
recreate some my old databases, postmaster crashes too. But if I remove some
attributes from this table (for example last 4..5) the table will be succesfully
created.

If you know how this problem might be fixed, list the solution below:

--
Nikolay G. Grigoriev nick(at)aanet(dot)ru
St.Petersburg, Russia 2:5030/580(at)fidonet