Re: [HACKERS] Threads

From: Duane Currie <dcurrie(at)sandman(dot)acadiau(dot)ca>
To: Michael(dot)Ansley(at)intec(dot)co(dot)za (Ansley, Michael)
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] Threads
Date: 1999-08-03 11:44:01
Lists: pgsql-hackers

This was one of the points I was talking about in the original message.
This way, it's still one session per backend, but uses threads to improve
throughput...
"(While one thread is waiting for the disk to respond to
an IO request, another processes the last chunk of data)"

This one looks to me like the best idea.

Now that pthreads is pretty much standard on systems (or available),
threading shouldn't be so problematic from a portability standpoint...

Duane