Re: [GENERAL] PHP and Postgresql 6.5.1

From: "Finn Kettner" <fk(at)akf(dot)dk>
To: eric buschelmann <ehbpg(at)one(dot)net>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: Re: [GENERAL] PHP and Postgresql 6.5.1
Date: 1999-07-27 13:45:56
Lists: pgsql-general

On July 26. 1999 at 20:52 eric buschelmann wrote about [GENERAL]
PHP and Postgresql 6.5.1:

> I downloaded and compiled the most recent version of PHP and Apache.
> The PHP module functions properly when parsing commands such as echo
> and variable declarations. However when I submit a query through
> pg_exec and try to display the results using pg_Fetch_Array, I get
> "Document Contains No Data." I followed the instructions provided
> by PHP to test for segmentation fault and have come to the
> conclusion that when PHP attempts to post the query to the database,
> it blows up in segmentation fault.
>
> Does PHP work with Postgresql 6.5.1 at this time?

I've tried both 6.5 and 6.5.1 and none of them seems to work with
pg_Fetch_Array(), though pg_Fetch_Row() is working okay, also
pg_Fetch_Array DOES actually work as long as you only return single
columns, it is actually possible to have a "SELECT col1 from mytable"
in the pg_Exec() call, and then use fetch_array() to get the result.
Also pg_Fetch_Object() has exactly the same problem; multible columns
make the system (postmaster) return a:
pg_recvbuf: unexpected EOF on client connection

To be exact, the pg_Exec() call does NOT make the system blow up in
itself, it's first when you try a pg_Fetch_Array() or
pg_Fetch_Object() call that the system "surrenders" (have tried
Exec'ing without Fetching).

Yours faithfully.
Finn Kettner.