Re: [COMMITTERS] 'pgsql/src/include/port linux.h'

From: Bruce Momjian <maillist(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Keith Parks <emkxp01(at)mtcc(dot)demon(dot)co(dot)uk>
Cc: PostgreSQL-ports <pgsql-ports(at)postgreSQL(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [COMMITTERS] 'pgsql/src/include/port linux.h'
Date: 1999-07-19 18:17:12
Lists: pgsql-ports

> Bruce,
>
> Could you check what was originally in linux.h before the
> "#if if" problem.
>
> My port is SPARC Linux, which now fails to compile because
> slock_t is no longer defined.
>
> As you can see there is no reference to __sparc__ in the
> linux.h header file nor any default definition if the #if's
> fail.
>
> I defined slock_t the same as i386 for sparc and things seem
> to be OK, although I'd be more comfortable if I knew what was
> originally there.
>
> I don't have an unbroken copy of this file anymore.

Good question. The old code had:

#else /* i386 probably */
typedef unsigned char slock_t;

#endif

Doesn't engender confidence, does it? Seeing as it used to work, I have
added:

#elif defined(__sparc__)
typedef unsigned char slock_t;

so it now explicitly has this lock for sparc, rather than falling into
an #else that could be any cpu.