Problems with postgresql and Win NT

From: Rüdiger Martin <ruedee(at)gmx(dot)de>
To: pgsql-ports(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: Problems with postgresql and Win NT
Date: 1999-07-09 21:05:38
Lists: pgsql-ports

Hello!

I've compiled the current version postgresql 6.5 under Win NT 4.0
after having read a document - which described how to compile it
under Win NT and which I found here - carefully. In my opinion
everything went all right - there were only some minor warnings
such as warnings about redifinitions and so on. And finally I was
told, that postgresql had been compiled successfully. Then I started
initdb as a normal user, this was all right, too. After starting ipc-
deamon and the postmaster I tried to run the tests. But there were
only errors - on after the other. So I treid to connect to the database
typing psql template1. And this is what I got as error message:

Connection to database 'template1' failed.
connectDB() -- socket() faild: errno=106
Adresses in the specified family cannot be used with this socket

Might anybody help me with this problem? I guess it's a problem
concering port numbers and similar things. I would be very grateful
for every hint.

Sincerly

Ruediger A. Martin

P.S.: I attached the output of the configure-script - maybe this might
show one of you what is missing on my system.

Attachment Content-Type Size
unknown_filename text/plain 7.7 KB