Re: [SQL] example of trigger to track DB changes

From: Brook Milligan <brook(at)trillium(dot)NMSU(dot)Edu>
To: mo(at)local2me(dot)com
Cc: pgsql-sql(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: Re: [SQL] example of trigger to track DB changes
Date: 1999-06-15 19:11:52
Lists: pgsql-sql

I've looked through the trigger examples in the html doc and the src
tree but didn't find the one I was looking for.

Look in the rules docs instead.

I want to set up a trigger to track changes (add/update/delete) to rows
in two tables. This can be through inserting OID's or acctname's
(acctname of web users) into a "changed_rows" table that keeps track of
changed rows.

Would someone provide some source code that does this? I'm assuming a
lot of people have done this... I'm using 6.3.2 ...

The rules docs describe how to do exactly this and give an example.

Cheers,
Brook