Re: [HACKERS] Problems w/ LO

From: "Brandon Palmer" <bap(at)scl(dot)cwru(dot)edu>
To: "hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org" <hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] Problems w/ LO
Date: 1999-05-31 23:02:18
Lists: pgsql-hackers

>I tried the same thing, except I simply put a loop around the begin/end
>transaction part of testlo.c so that it would create and access many
>large objects in a single backend process. With today's sources I do
>not see a 'ShmemAlloc: out of memory' error even after several thousand
>iterations. (But I do not know if this test would have triggered one
>before...)

Was something changed in the LO? I will take it down again and try
with my data set again (~250M) and let yall know what happens. I have
solved my problem by taking the transaction out of the program, so I
think that the error is in there somewhere. Like I said, I will try
it and post later with my results...

- Brandon

Smith Computer Lab Administrator,
Case Western Reserve University
bap(at)scl(dot)cwru(dot)edu
216 - 368 - 5066
http://cwrulug.cwru.edu

PGP Public Key Fingerprint: 1477 2DCF 8A4F CA2C 8B1F 6DFE 3B7C FDFB