notifying

From: Mirek Budzanowski <mirekb(at)tcs(dot)uni(dot)wroc(dot)pl>
To: pgsql-sql(at)hub(dot)org
Subject: notifying
Date: 1999-05-27 13:53:53
Lists: pgsql-sql

Hello,

I got 2 proceses running on 2 different computers. One is Solaris
2.5.1 (a), the other HP-UX 10.20 (b). Postgres 6.4.2 ruuning on HP-UX.
My proceses communicate with each other using postgres.
They just do 'listen id', and the other send 'notify id'
when is some data for the first.
Both proceses wait on select() for notifies from the other.
But after some time waiting on select() when i do from psql
'select * from pg_listener;' I get some strage result!
Some times I get nothing, and some times only one proces!!
Am I doing something wrong, or notifying is broken, or I did not
some documentation???
In my opinion, when I open connection to postmaster,
I send only one 'listen id' command, and until I disconnect, or
do 'unlisten id' I sould receive notifies?

Mirek

--
Mirek Budzanowski; P.O. box 1739; 51-161 Wroclaw 8; Poland
Tel. +48 602 306674 http://www.tcs.uni.wroc.pl/~mirekb