Re: the Modular DocBook Stylesheets

From: nclayton(at)lehman(dot)com
To: Thomas Lockhart <lockhart(at)alumni(dot)caltech(dot)edu>
Cc: sgml-tools(at)via(dot)ecp(dot)fr, nik(at)freebsd(dot)org, Mark Galassi <rosalia(at)cygnus(dot)com>, Postgres Documentation List <docs(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: the Modular DocBook Stylesheets
Date: 1999-05-11 15:16:20
Lists: pgsql-docs

On Tue, May 11, 1999 at 03:03:03PM +0000, Thomas Lockhart wrote:
> > Yeah. Talk to Marc and see if you can get a checked out copy of the doc/
> > repository somewhere on that machine.
>
> I'm running cvsup here; can you remind me what the cvsup configuration
> file should look like to pick up the FreeBSD tree? I'll get the
> sources for your docs stuff here, which for looking at source code is
> easier than wading across the Internet to Marc's machine.

A supfile like the following;

*default tag=.
*default host=cvsup666.freebsd.org
*default prefix=/usr
*default base=/usr/local/etc/cvsup
*default release=cvs delete use-rel-suffix compress

doc-all

Change the host= line, and the base= line as necessary. That'll give
you /usr/doc/*. As a special case, you can do

% cd /usr/doc/en/handbook
% make

If you put the files anywhere else you'll need to define the DOC_PREFIX
variable (the above is a special case of "make DOC_PREFIX=/usr/doc").

Make sure you've got an up to date version of the DSSSL stylesheets
installed, v1.38b or 1.40 is good. Take a look in doc/share/mk/*.mk to
see the other tweakable options that you might want to set.

> > > Have you heard from the LDP or Gnome folks? I used to lurk on the
> > > gnome mailing list to hear from Mark Galassi, but the traffic leading
> > > up to the gnome-1.0 release swamped me, so I'm not there anymore.
>
> > Nope. I've been kind of hoping that anyone who's interested in these
> > things will have been on either this list or davenport(at)berkshire(dot)net(dot)
> > I haven't got enough hours in the day to track many more mailing lists. . .
>
> Will davenport-request(at)berkshire(dot)net get me subscribed??

Yep. I don't know if subscriptions are moderated or not. Keep in mind
that Norm's incommunicado for another week or so.

> > Sounds good. If you've already got an infrastructure and web archive
> > up and in place we can use that. Note that Norm's said that he thinks
> > the Davenport mailing list is a good candidate for this. I don't know
> > if it's archived anywhere though. It's also moderated by Norm (but
> > that's mostly to try and cut down on the spam postings, I think).
>
> It would be great to have Norm's input on the discussions, so perhaps
> we can cross-post if davenport is not archived.

I don't have a problem with that. I'd run it past the davenport list
members first though.

--+==[ Systems Administrator, Year 2000 Test Lab, Lehman Brothers, Inc. ]==+--
--+==[ 1 Broadgate, London, EC2M 7HA 0171-601-0011 x5514 ]==+--
--+==[ Year 2000 Testing: It's about time. . . ]==+--