psql front-end tool, unsetenv failed in solaris

From: Kihyun Yoon <abird(at)seedvr(dot)com>
To: pgsql-ports(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: psql front-end tool, unsetenv failed in solaris
Date: 1999-03-04 10:02:32
Lists: pgsql-ports

If PostgreSQL failed to compile on your computer or you found a bug that
is likely to be specific to one platform then please fill out this form
and e-mail it to pgsql-ports(at)postgresql(dot)org(dot)

To report any other bug, fill out the form below and e-mail it to
pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org(dot)

If you not only found the problem but solved it and generated a patch
then e-mail it to pgsql-patches(at)postgresql(dot)org instead. Please use the
command "diff -c" to generate the patch.

You may also enter a bug report at http://www.postgresql.org/ instead of
e-mail-ing this form.

POSTGRESQL BUG REPORT TEMPLATE

Your name : Ki-hyun Yoon
Your email address : abird(at)seedvr(dot)com

System Configuration
---------------------
Architecture (example: Intel Pentium) : Intel Pentium

Operating System (example: Linux 2.0.26 ELF) : Solaris x86 2.7

PostgreSQL version (example: PostgreSQL-6.4.2) : PostgreSQL-6.4.2

Compiler used (example: gcc 2.8.0) : gcc 2.8.1

There is no unsetenv function in solaris environment.
So, I failed in compiling psql front-end tool.
Umm, I first compiled postgresql with no with-mb option.
Next I reconfigured it with with-mb option.
This only can exist in MULTI-BYTE environment.

I changed that line.
! unsetenv("PGCLIENT...");
! putenv("PGCLIENT...=");

This is very simple port-problem.