Indexing of text fields

From: Adam Haberlach <haberlaa(at)ricochet(dot)net>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Indexing of text fields
Date: 1999-02-24 06:23:05
Lists: pgsql-general
	I am going to be working with a database with a lot of rather
large text fields in it.  To do some profiling, I have hacked up an
IRC bot to submit messages into a database.  I cannot seem to get any
of my queries to use the indexes I create on the msg field--is there
something specific I need to use when I create the index or write
the query?
	I'm hoping to migrate from FileMaker, which aparently has
excellent indexing of text fields (but sucks in a lot of other ways).
I need to prove that what I'm doing is worth it.

pgsql-general by date

Next:From: Anatoly K. LasareffDate: 1999-02-24 08:50:16