Re: [HACKERS] Re: [DOCS] Last call?

From: "Oliver Elphick" <olly(at)lfix(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: "Thomas G(dot) Lockhart" <lockhart(at)alumni(dot)caltech(dot)edu>
Cc: PostgreSQL-documentation <docs(at)postgreSQL(dot)org>, PostgreSQL-development <hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] Re: [DOCS] Last call?
Date: 1998-10-25 21:31:23
Lists: pgsql-hackers

"Thomas G. Lockhart" wrote:
>> can you distinguish between linux with libc5 and with glibc?
>
>Yes, if necessary. I'm running glibc at work (with the RH 6.3.2 rpms)
>and libc5 at home (with v6.4beta). I don't expect there to be any
>significant differences; are you aware of any?

No; there are minor textual differences in the math overflow messages
and, last time I tried, the geometry tests had differences of around
10 ^ -12.

>Or are you just saying that we should mention both explicitly so that
>people can know that it would work on their machine for sure?

Precisely.

The difference is such a major one that linux-libc5 and linux-glibc
should be regarded nearly as two different systems.
--
Oliver Elphick Oliver(dot)Elphick(at)lfix(dot)co(dot)uk
Isle of Wight http://www.lfix.co.uk/oliver