Re: [HACKERS] SIGSEGV in 'select * from pg_user'

From: Tatsuo Ishii <t-ishii(at)sra(dot)co(dot)jp>
To: "Thomas G(dot) Lockhart" <lockhart(at)alumni(dot)caltech(dot)edu>
Cc: Bruce Momjian <maillist(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>, Tatsuo Ishii <t-ishii(at)sra(dot)co(dot)jp>, Jeroen van Vianen <jeroenv(at)design(dot)nl>, pgsql-hackers(at)hub(dot)org
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] SIGSEGV in 'select * from pg_user'
Date: 1998-09-07 07:56:57
Lists: pgsql-hackers

I have just cvsuped the source tree and have tried some tests.

>> I've found the following SISGEV while playing around with a snapshot
>> of September 3rd.
>(did a fresh install with initdb)
>> > select * from pg_shadow
>> > select * from pg_user
>
>I see the same thing with a fresh source tree on my linux box. Is this
>normal?

I saw this too on my LinuxPPC box. In my case, just doing:

select * from pg_user

crashes the backend. The backtrace shows it crashed in chunk_free()
while committing the transaction. I guess something messed up the
tables managed by malloc().

Talking about the regression, two tests (constraints, select_views)
produced core dump. Seems no difference even after applying Bruce's
latest patches.
--
Tatsauo Ishii
t-ishii(at)sra(dot)co(dot)jp